Skokloster Castle & Sigtuna
Skokloster Castle is Swedens´ most important monument from the Swedish Age of Greatness when Sweden was one of the most powerful countries in Europe. It was built between 1654-1676 for the noble Swedish statesman and military commander Carl Gustaf Wrangel. Skokloster is one of the best preserved castles from the Baroque era and it has some 50 000 objects in it´s collections. You will see the historical interiors and have the opportunity to explore the surrounding gardens.
The next stop on this trip is the living historical city of Sigtuna which has a city plan that has been the same for more 1 000 years. It was a royal and commercial centre for some 250 years, and Sweden’s first coins were minted here at the end of the 10th and beginning of the 11th century. Sigtuna is a very picturesque and cosy city to visit any time of the year.
- Pick up at hotel in Stockholm
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private Transportation
- All Fees and Taxes
- Parking fees
- Bottled water
Departure and Return
Traveler pickup is offered
- We pick up from any hotel within 5 km from the Royal Palace in Old Town in Stockholm without extra cost.
Book this tour
What To Expect
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Skokloster Castle
We will start the tour at Carl Gustav Wrangels Skokloster Castle. This world class baroque castle contains amazing collections of items and interiors from the 17th and 18th centuries. Skokloster is the biggest castle that an individual person ever built in Sweden. According to the plan we will attend a guided tour by an authorized guide. If the group of any reason can´t attend, everyone will get a personal guidebook for the castle in English and then we will explore major parts of the castle on our own. We will also see the surrounding gardens and visit the Abbey Church from the 13th century where several members of the Wrangel family are buried.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Sigtuna
Next stop on this trip is Sigtuna where we will have lunch (not included). Then we will walk along the Main Street (Stora Gatan), Sweden´s oldest preserved street that has has been the centerpiece of the city plan since the the town was founded. You will feel the historic atmosphere and we will stop at the old Town Hall at the Town Square, at medieval church ruins like Saint Lars and Saint Olaf and we will visit Saint Mary´s Church from 1247. On our walk we will also see some genuine runestones and walk along the waterfront promenade along lake Mälaren.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Steninge Castle or Rosersberg Castle
If we have time left on our way back to Stockholm, we can decide if we would like a make a stop at Steninge Castle (built in 1705 by the famous architect Tessin the younger). It is privately own but the gardens are open for the public and the famous glass design company, Kosta Boda, has a shop in the barn. Or we can make the stop at the Royal Palace Rosersberg where we can have a walk in the gardens.
Duration: 30 min
Hotel pickup is offered for this tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather.
- If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers.
- If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.